Stagecoach Videos

Discuss the band.

Stagecoach Videos

Postby Airboss » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:11 am

After watching the CRP videos on Youtube probably a hundred times each- I just have to wonder why there isn't a higher quality recording of this reunion that we were all hoping for years would come about. Anybody know something I don't?
Airboss
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:21 pm

Re: Stagecoach Videos

Postby MsUp » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:40 am

That's a very good question ! I was there and from what I could see, there was one or two guys filming, and could have been the videographers hired by Jim Messina (he was going to use some of the footage for a personal project). The fact that The Stagecoach was so picky about fans filming lead everyone to believe that 'they' were filming it, but didn't see any cameras, other than the handful of 'pro' still ones. Time will tell, if this magic moment is forever lost.

:( :o :x :cry: :roll: :!: :D :?:
MsUp
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:39 am
Location: Forest Hills, New York

Re: Stagecoach Videos

Postby duffyb » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:52 am

Wasn't there also talk of releasing a DVD from the Wildwood reunion?
User avatar
duffyb
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:50 pm

Re: Stagecoach Videos

Postby LJH » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:51 am

I've been living with crossed fingers that sooner or later a professional quality DVD would be available. I have all the YouTube vids in a folder and know them by heart by now and will be forever grateful to those who posted them, but it would be so great to have something with real quality and continuity. Will keep hoping!
Jorja

"Gittin' old ain't fer sissies."
User avatar
LJH
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:33 pm
Location: Southern Utah

Re: Stagecoach Videos

Postby sunsetkidd » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:03 pm

duffyb wrote:Wasn't there also talk of releasing a DVD from the Wildwood reunion?


Yes; actually, this was the more likely scenario, of a 'reunion' concert vid; I seem to recall Mary and others mentioned the filming for possible release. Seems to have been left by the wayside. Maybe there were problems with the recording and someone deemed it to be unreleasable.
I think though, that the lack of a true professional quality recording of the beautiful occurence at the Stagecoach reunion, hinted at with the homemade vids on youtube, is really a shame.
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:10 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Re: Stagecoach Videos

Postby MsUp » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:27 pm

sunsetkidd wrote:
duffyb wrote:Wasn't there also talk of releasing a DVD from the Wildwood reunion?


Yes; actually, this was the more likely scenario, of a 'reunion' concert vid; I seem to recall Mary and others mentioned the filming for possible release. Seems to have been left by the wayside. Maybe there were problems with the recording and someone deemed it to be unreleasable.
I think though, that the lack of a true professional quality recording of the beautiful occurence at the Stagecoach reunion, hinted at with the homemade vids on youtube, is really a shame.



It is sad, and I had heard that the film, from Wildwood, wasn't any good. What a pity.
MsUp
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:39 am
Location: Forest Hills, New York

Re: Stagecoach Videos

Postby MsUp » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:37 pm

LJH wrote:I've been living with crossed fingers that sooner or later a professional quality DVD would be available. I have all the YouTube vids in a folder and know them by heart by now and will be forever grateful to those who posted them, but it would be so great to have something with real quality and continuity. Will keep hoping!


Well, LJH, that professional quality DVD, that you have been living for, with fingers crossed, may only be in my memory (and those who were present that day). I thank myself, often, for making the right decision, and especially Keith & Linda, for coming up with the plan, and Petey for joining us. What a great time we all had, in the California desert.
Perhaps something will turn up, somewhere down the line...
MsUp
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:39 am
Location: Forest Hills, New York

Re: Stagecoach Videos

Postby petervanleeuwen » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:21 pm

I uploaded Honky Tonk Downstairs from the rehearsal at the Maverick Saloon in Santa Inez. What a special show that was. I had just landed in LAX after a long flight from Curaçao, driven a couple of hours along the coast, and just walked into that small saloon in Santa Inez that wednesday afternoon, april 22nd to find Poco rehearsing Keep on Tryin'. Yes, after 32 years, Timothy B. Schmit was on stage again that night with Poco for a very exciting show for a very small intimate crowd. I shot video with my photocamera, and I am glad I did. Enjoy! I might upload another song from that memorable evening.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmYMeTfbdj0
petervanleeuwen
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:08 pm

Re: Stagecoach Videos

Postby kroney » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:40 pm

Thanks so very much Peter.....How special was that !!!!
Of course we would love to see more.........
With courage, strength, faith and hope we will face one day at a time.
kroney
 
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:39 am

Re: Stagecoach Videos

Postby sunsetkidd » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:34 pm

THAT WAS GREAT, PETE!!
"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."
- Bogart
sunsetkidd
 
Posts: 949
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:10 pm
Location: Toms River, NJ

Next

Return to Poco Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests